10/25/2014

Tine Inspires: Coats

Lately I've been thinking about making a grey coat for the fall and winter season. I've been sewing for so many years already, but somehow I never managed to make anything that I frequently wear in winter and that keeps me warm and cosy. So I've been eyeing different online shops in the search for the perfect coat and found some nice ones. But obviously totally out of my price range.

Jil Sander/ Alexander Wang/ Burberry (images from netaporter.com)

So I figured I could go for it and make it myself!

I found the perfect fabric at work, which I've been eyeing for quite some time already and I think I'm gonna give the project a go in the next weeks. It's the one on the left side a blend of wool and polyacryl. The one in the middle would be a cheaper alternative, but I'd get a swatch first, as I think it's too bulky. The one on the right is a fleece that I'd use for the muslin, which might turn out wearable.

Wool Mix Ede 7 Wool 113 Antipilling Fleece 3

Now I just need to find the perfect pattern. I have found something in an old Burdastyle from 02/2002 that I still had lying around. I like the raglan sleeves and the boxy shape.

But then I also found two jackets in the September issue and I think they fit even better to my taste. I would like to combine the collar of the parka-style jacket with the sleeves of the other jacket and make my own pattern out of it. But I think for this project I'm gonna do a muslin, because I'm totally unsure on what size to cut. I want the jacket to be boxy, but not too much, so that it would be cold on cold days. I needs to be the right amount of width.
I plan to prepare the pattern during the week and then get started on the muslin next weekend!

Love to have big sewing plans!

What about you? Are you taking part in the German coat Sew-A-Long? I'm rubbish at anything that involves a plan for sewing, so I'm just doing my own thing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...