8/15/2014

Tine Thinks: Where am I going

Follow me on Instagram @tinesews
Recently I've been thinking about this blog and where I want to go with it. I started it in 2011 while I was studying, living far from my family and using this blog as a documentation of my life and sewing projects. I still had some semesters ahead of me and thought that blogging would be a good way to get into the groove of social media, writing and figuring out what I wanted to do later. I also had the idea of writing my bachelor thesis about turning a blog into a business, was even thinking about starting to write a business plan on how to make money with a sewing blog and what kind of market is out there that I could cater for. I worked part-time for an online fabric shop, so I saw the opportunity to use affiliate programs and such to monetize a blog. The only issue was - in 2011 no sewing online shop in Germany offered an affiliate program.

So fast forward to 2014: Three years later I have my own apartment in Hamburg and work in an online-shop that sells fabrics again. I'm responsible for blogger relations, finding people for our affiliate program, writing texts and coming up with ideas for sewing tutorials and the general work that comes with creating tutorials. Basically everything that I imagined to do in 2011 I'm doing right now. But one thing is different - I'm not working on my own or freelance, I have a contract with Europes leading online fabric retailers.

This has it's perks and I learned a lot in the last two years, but anyway lately I've been thinking about my initial idea again. I'd love to spend more time with my blog and not the companies blog. The only problem is time. As I work 40 hours a week + some more, then having to juggle everyday life with a social life and my volunteer work for a sports club, I'm basically happy if I have a free moment that I'm not sitting in front of my computer.

Today I had a look at my blog after two months of not having a look at the statistics and I was very surprised that I still have readers everyday. I guess the content that I already put up is interesting to some people, or they are caught by the blog title? Anyway, I just wanted to use this opportunity to let you in on my thoughts. Maybe you have the same problem about time and finding the time to do something which is basically a hobby, but that you want to professionalize for yourself. Any thoughts?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...